“My Soul Proclaims Your Greatness” (Anne Krentz Organ)
“Come and Go with Me” (Words projected)
PRAYER OF THE DAY
We thank you for your Son, who set for us an example of living an authentic life of service to God and neighbor. Humble us by his example, point us to the path of obedience, and give us strength to follow your commands, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
Psalm 139:1-3, 7-10
O Lord, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from far away. You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast.
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“Be a Light”
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
THE GREAT THANKSGIVING
The Lord be with you.
And also with you.
Lift up your hearts.
We lift them to the Lord.
Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
It is right to give our thanks and praise.
It is indeed right, our duty and our joy,
that we should at all times and in all places
give thanks and praise to you, almighty and merciful God,
through our Savior Jesus Christ;
who on this day overcame death and the grave,
and by his glorious resurrection opened to us the way of everlasting life.
And so, with all the choirs of angels,
with the church on earth and the hosts of heaven, we praise your name and join their unending hymn:
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY
WORDS OF INSTITUTION
THE LORD’S PRAYER
MUSIC DURING HOLY COMMUNION
“You Will Find Me (Psalm 139)” (Tim Graf)
“By Your Hand You Feed Your People“ ELW # 469
POST COMMUNION PRAYER
BEFORE YOU GO
“Go, My Children, with My Blessing” (St. 1 & 3) ELW # 543
Go in peace. Live out your faith in daily life. Thanks be to God!
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Music & Worship)
- Barb Carroll (Organist)
- Sarah Gilbertson (Spirit Singers Director)
- Rachel Calvert
- Kate Neiss
- Spirit Singers
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Julie Samuelson and family on the death of her mother, Margaret
- The family of Jake Boykin
- The family of Odell Bratland
- The family of Marilyn Terwilliger
- Gordon Thompson and family
- Gordon Gilbert and family for the loss of June Gilbert
- Marjean and Paul Skoog for their sister-in-law, Lois
- Wayne & Nancy Dale for their daughter, Shelly
- Thelma Fricke and family on the death of her husband, Kenneth
- Harry, Charlie, Cole, and Abby Lawrence on the death of their wife and mother
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Blair Wilson
- The Family of Ralph Redelings
- Bella Heaney
- Jim Bach
- Julie Gulstrand
- Dave King’s brother, Tom
- Racie Hornbacher
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- Seeds of Support Mission in Haiti requests your ongoing prayers for our friends in Haiti. Haiti is experiencing a political and economic crisis that is producing widespread frustration among the population. Fuel shortages, food shortages, and general hopelessness are common. Please pray for Redemption Lutheran Church of Jacmel and all our friends there. Our mission will continue in evolving and vital ways to support their ministry.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The Pastors of St. Andrew
Pastor David Lillejord
Pastor Peter Johnson
Pastor of Service & Small Groups
Pastor Sarah Fike
Pastor of Children, Youth, & Family
Pastor Matthew Ian Fleming
Pastor of Teaching & Young Adults
Pastor Roger Schindel