You can scroll through all the information below to plan for camp at Spirit in the Pines next summer. This information includes camp calendars, registration information, counselor information, and staff employment opportunities.
Contact Sarah Blasing, Outdoor Ministry and Youth Leadership Director with questions (email@example.com).
SESSION OPENINGS: Registration opened on January 21-22 with a two-day lottery system. Several of our sessions are now at capacity with waitlists, but there are many that still have openings.
Here is a short selection of Property Photos from our beautiful spot on Pleasant Lake.
You can view a summary of our Current Camp Session Openings here. We update this document once per week, and the real time remaining openings are viewable within the registration process.
TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
- Returning campers should login to their Existing Camper Account here.
- New campers need to begin by creating a New Camper Account.
TIPS FOR FAMILY CAMP REGISTRATION:
- Only one person registers for the cabin, and everyone else registers as a “Free Attendee.”
- You have to click through each person separately, all the way to check out. Then you can go back and start over to register the next person.
- The person who registers for the cabin can be anyone. If a parent wants it to be under their name, they need to add themselves as “Another Child” into the account. For example, a mom could add herself with first name “Jane Mom” and set the age as adult.
DEPOSIT & FORMS: The $100 Deposit is required at the time of enrollment. All other forms, including the health forms, will be added to your account after registration and are due by May 1.
MORE FAMILY CAMP INFORMATION: We would love to host your family at Spirit in the Pines this summer for quality family time at the lake!
We offer eight affordable family weekends all summer long as a gift to our families, for reconnection and rejuvenation.
All weekend long families can choose from a variety of self-led activities like pontooning, swimming, fishing, field games, nature walks, and more. We also have an indoor lodge, craft house, game room, and chapel space available.
We have ten private cabins available in three sizes for an all-inclusive cost of $210 – $450 for two nights, meals included if desired. All cabins have a microwave, mini-fridge, toaster, coffee pot, and living space. You can view Cabin Photos here.
- Large Cabins: Sleep 16 with 2 bathrooms
- Medium cabins: Sleep 12 in 3 bedrooms with 1 bathroom.
- Small Cabins: Sleep 8 in 2 bedrooms with 1 bathroom.
Counselor Information (Gr 10-12)
SCHOOL YEAR RETREATS: All Counselors/CITs from last summer are eligible to volunteer at our school year retreats. Please fill out the interest form below if you want to be considered.
- GRADE 9 – Closing Confirmation Retreat: October 21-23, 2022
- GRADE 6 & 7 – First Confirmation Retreat: January 27-29, 2023
- GRADE 8 – Closing Confirmation Retreat: April 21-23, 2023
SUMMER 2023: Thank you for your interest in wanting to be a Camp Counselor or Counselor-in-Training (CIT) at Spirit in the Pines Camp for Summer 2023. These important volunteer roles are available to those who are currently in Grades 10-12 or who are over the age of 18.
- Counselor-in-training (CIT): Grade 10
- New Counselors & Returning/Lead Counselors: Grade 11, Grade 12, and Age 18+
This application was initially due on November 20, 2022. However, we can accept more applications until all of our counselor needs are filled. Students who submit applications after November 20 will need to make up any missed training sessions online with video links and questionaries. Those videos and questionnaires, along with more details about how summer weeks are requested and assigned, are included in the link below.
OPEN POSITIONS: This summer we are seeking to hire fourteen Program Staff positions, one Health Care Manager, one part-time Kitchen Assistant, and one part-time Maintenance Assistant. All employment information is available within the online application itself. This includes salary, position descriptions, age requirements, start and end dates of employment, lodging, meals, and training. Interviews will occur as applications are received starting until all roles are filled. The first round of interviews will begin the first week in January.
Spirit in the Pines is owned and operated by St. Andrew. It is located about an hour north of Brainerd, Minnesota on beautiful Pleasant Lake. We host over 1000 people every summer, with about half being St. Andrew members and others from mostly the southwest metro. Summertime at Spirit in the Pines Camp is filled with age specific youth camp sessions during the week and family camp sessions on the weekends. Youth and adult retreats are held during the fall and winter months.