“Celtic Dance on ‘Pleading Savior’” (arr. Sondra Tucker)
Peace Ringers, Linnae Stole (Director), Jodi Edstrom, Tim Graf, Kate Stineman
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
Blessed be God,
the one who forms us,
☩ Jesus who bears the cross,
the Spirit who makes our joy complete.
Most merciful God,
we confess that we are captive to sin and cannot free ourselves. We have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. For the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on us. Forgive us, renew us, and lead us, so that we may delight in your will and walk in your ways, to the glory of your holy name. Amen.
In the mercy of almighty God, Jesus Christ was given to die for us, and for his sake God forgives us all our sins. As a called and ordained minister of the church of Christ, and by his authority, I therefore declare to you the entire forgiveness of all your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the ☩ Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
“I’m Gonna Sing When the Spirit Says Sing” (arr. Howard Helvey)
Canticle Choir, Larry Bach (Director)
PRAYER OF THE DAY
You have blessed us and called us together as your church for the sake of the world. Help us to rise up and truly be the church as we carry each other’s burdens in love, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will appear over you. Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn. Lift up your eyes and look around; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from far away, and your daughters shall be carried on their nurses’ arms.
The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“Rise Up Together“ (Rachel Kurtz)
Elliana Meier, Corwin Holk, Tim Graf
Blessed are you, O God, maker of all things. Through your goodness you have blessed us with these gifts: our selves, our time, and our possessions. Use us, and what we have gathered, in feeding the world with your love, through the one who gave himself for us, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
WORDS OF INSTITUTION
THE LORD’S PRAYER
MUSIC DURING HOLY COMMUNION
“The Journey Home” (Paul McKlveen)
Bells of Joy
POST COMMUNION PRAYER
BEFORE YOU GO
“Rise, Shine, You People!” ELW # 665
Go in peace. Live out your faith in daily life. Thanks be to God!
“Sonata No. 2 in G Minor- Presto” (G. F. Handel)
Jodi Edstrom, Tim Graf
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Larry Bach (Canticle Choir Director)
- Linnae Stole (Peace Ringers Director)
- Jodi Edstrom
- Elliana Meier
- Corwin Holk
- Chris Sasik
- Kate Stineman
- Canticle Choir
- Peace Ringers
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Daniel Aas and family on the death of wife/mother Terry
- Tammy Morton and family on death of son/brother Matthew Staples
- Kathy Brenner and family on the death of her sister, Barbara
- Maura Steblay and family on the death of husband/father, Rick Steblay
- Cathy Schweitzer and family on the death of her husband, Vaughn
- Julie Samuelson and family on the death of her mother, Margaret
- The family of Jake Boykin
- The family of Odell Bratland
- The family of Marilyn Terwilliger
- Gordon Thompson and family
- Gordon Gilbert and family for the loss of June Gilbert
- Marjean and Paul Skoog for their sister-in-law, Lois
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Prayers for Brian Abramson’s mother Helen
- Marcy Wiesner
- Barb Peterson and Larry Mueller’s friend Bill
- Debbie Flach
- Steve Moen
- Marilynn Boorsma
- Bella Heaney
- Jim Bach
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The Pastors of St. Andrew
Pastor David Lillejord
Pastor Peter Johnson
Pastor of Service & Small Groups
Pastor Sarah Fike
Pastor of Children, Youth, & Family
Pastor Matthew Ian Fleming
Pastor of Teaching & Young Adults
Pastor Roger Schindel