“Walk in Love”
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
We gather in the name of a God who creates and sustains us. Amen.
Let us confess our sin in the presence of God and of one another.
we long for a life worth living, but we confess that we have not lived your creativity to its fullest. We have not listened for your voice in our daily lives; we have not seen you all around us. By things we have done and by things we have forgotten to do, we have hurt or ignored a world in need. Speak clearly to us, so that we might create lives that are worthy of the goodness that you desire this world to be.
Even when we forget to listen or lose sight of what is important, we are reminded that we are created in the image of God. In the name of Jesus Christ + we are forgiven and freed from all that stands between us and the life that God intends for us. Be here now. God is with you. Amen.
DISMISSAL OF SUNDAY SCHOOL KIDS
He entered Jericho and was passing through it. A man was there named Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was rich. He was trying to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was short in stature. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree to see him, because he was going to pass that way. When Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, hurry and come down; for I must stay at your house today.” So he hurried down and was happy to welcome him. All who saw it began to grumble and said, “He has gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner.” Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, “Look, half of my possessions, Lord, I will give to the poor; and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as much.” Then Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he too is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost.”
“Bloom Where You’re Planted”
THE LORD’S PRAYER
OFFERING INVITATION/BEFORE YOU GO
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Gary Denbow
- Alex Graves
- Bodie Hanninen
- Kevin Mills
- Kate Neiss
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Caleb Wragge, Kathy, Gary Blackford and family on the death of Marilyn Kramme
- Gabrielle Sybilrud and family on the death of Gabrielle’s mother, Mary Kahman
- Gwen Chapman and family on the death of her stepfather, Len Prahl
- Prayers for Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of their nephew, Brian Sommers
- Sue Byron and family on the death of her mother, Alice Hanson
- Rod, Linda and family on the passing of Rod’s Mother, Betty Wilson
- The family of Lorna Budke
- Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of Deb’s mother, Dolores
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Ron Bergom
- Gabe Perez
- Delia Tufte
- John Rostad’s father, Mike
- Stephanie Berg’s my son-in-law, Zach
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28