“Silent Night” (arr. Bill Holcombe)
Jodi Edstrom, Tim Graf
“O Come, All Ye Faithful” (arr. Tim Graf)
“Angels We Have Heard on High” (arr. Tim Graf)
PRAYER OF THE DAY
Almighty God, you made this holy night shine with the brightness of the true Light. Grant that here on earth we may walk in the light of Jesus’ presence and in the last day wake to the brightness of his glory; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
“O Holy Night” (arr. Tim Graf)
In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration and was taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. All went to their own towns to be registered. Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for her to deliver her child. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
In that region there were shepherds living in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people: to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors!”
The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“You’re Here” (Francesca Battistelli, Jeff Pardo, Molly Reed)
Elliana Meier, Tim Graf, Kyle Kimbllin, Catherine Woods
INVITATION TO WORSHIP VIDEO
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Go in peace. Share the gift of Jesus. Thanks be to God.
“Yuletide Scherzo” (Austin Alan Scott)
Jodi Edstrom, Tim Graf
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Jodi Edstrom
- Kyle Kimbllin
- Elliana Meier
- Catherine Woods
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- The family of Lorna Budke
- Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of Deb’s mother, Dolores
- Steve Young and family on the death of his Aunt Lenore
- Bonnie Lewis and family in the death of Bonnie’s husband, Dan
- Friends, family, and the Loring Park neighborhood following the death of Robert Skafte
- Lori Hertzog on the death of her mother, Lucille
- Brian Shimley and family on the death of his brother, Bernie
- Julie Bane and family on the death of her brother, Mike
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Della Tufte
- Lorna Budke
- John Rostad’s father, Mike
- Stephanie Berg’s my son-in-law, Zach
- Gib Bendell’s mother Carol
- Gib Bendell’s father-in-law Dayton
- Paula Crouse
- Karle Erickson
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28