“Meditation from Thaïs” (Jules Massenet)
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
Blessed be God,
the one who forms us,
☩ Jesus who bears the cross,
the Spirit who makes our joy complete.
Most merciful God,
we confess that we are captive to sin and cannot free ourselves. We have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. For the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on us. Forgive us, renew us, and lead us, so that we may delight in your will and walk in your ways, to the glory of your holy name. Amen.
In the mercy of almighty God, Jesus Christ was given to die for us, and for his sake God forgives us all our sins. As a called and ordained minister of the church of Christ, and by his authority, I therefore declare to you the entire forgiveness of all your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the ☩ Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
“I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light” ELW # 815
PRAYER OF THE DAY
You have called us and claimed us to be your own people. Help us to live out our faith in daily life with an undivided heart so that we can bring you glory in all that we do and say, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
“You Are Loved (Don’t Give Up)”
All the nations you have made shall come and bow down before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name.
The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
“The Real Deal”
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“Go Ye Into All the World” (Eugene Butler)
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
THE LORD’S PRAYER
BEFORE YOU GO
“Every Time I Feel the Spirit”
Go in peace. Live out your faith in daily life. Thanks be to God!
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Music & Worship)
- Barb Carroll (Organist)
- Larry Bach (Canticle Choir Director)
- Rachel Calvert
- Josh Eidem
- Elliana Meier
- Canticle Choir
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Maura Steblay and family on the death of husband/father, Rick Steblay
- Cathy Schweitzer and family on the death of her husband, Vaughn
- Julie Samuelson and family on the death of her mother, Margaret
- The family of Jake Boykin
- The family of Odell Bratland
- The family of Marilyn Terwilliger
- Gordon Thompson and family
- Gordon Gilbert and family for the loss of June Gilbert
- Marjean and Paul Skoog for their sister-in-law, Lois
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Barb Peterson and Larry Mueller’s friend Bill
- Debbie Flach
- Steve Moen
- Marilynn Boorsma
- Bella Heaney
- Jim Bach
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The Pastors of St. Andrew
Pastor David Lillejord
Pastor Peter Johnson
Pastor of Service & Small Groups
Pastor Sarah Fike
Pastor of Children, Youth, & Family
Pastor Matthew Ian Fleming
Pastor of Teaching & Young Adults
Pastor Roger Schindel