Interested in learning how to make polar fleece hats that will be donated to Hats & Mittens? We will work as a team to sew hats, starting with cutting out the pattern from the fabric, sewing the two straight seams, and tieing off the top. No prior experience sewing hats is required. Don’t sew? Join us and help with the non-sewing steps to complete these warm, cute hats.
- A willing spirit to work as a team to make these hats.
- Each volunteer to bring one yard of solid color polar fleece and one yard of a coordinating pattern polar fleece or donate $15 for materials that will be purchased in advance.
- Sewing volunteers to bring their own sewing machine and thread.
- Other volunteers to bring sharp scissors or rotary cutter and mat for cutting the fabric.
- Roughly 1 person to sew for every 3 volunteers.
Have questions? Contact Vickie Martin at 612-850-7051