“The King Shall Come”
CALL TO WORSHIP
“Away in a Manger”
Starlight Singers, Hannah Fleming (Director)
“O Come, All Ye Faithful/Joy to the World”
PRAYER OF THE DAY
God of comfort,
You gather us tenderly to yourself as a shepherd gathers the lambs in his arms. Remind us in this moment of how your everlasting love is present with us here and now even as we wait for your return, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
Isaiah 40:1-2, 9-11
Comfort, O comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that she has served her term, that her penalty is paid, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
Get you up to a high mountain, O Zion, herald of good tidings; lift up your voice with strength, O Jerusalem, herald of good tidings, lift it up, do not fear; say to the cities of Judah, “Here is your God!” See, the Lord God comes with might, and his arm rules for him; his reward is with him, and his recompense before him. He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead the mother sheep.
The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“Hark Hark“ (Kate Rusby)
Elliana Meier, Bluegrass Ensemble
O Lord our God, maker of all things. Through your goodness you have blessed us with these gifts. With them we offer ourselves to your service and dedicate our lives to the care and redemption of all that you have made, for the sake of him who gave himself for us, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
WORDS OF INSTITUTION
THE LORD’S PRAYER
MUSIC DURING HOLY COMMUNION
“Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus” (arr. Tim Graf)
Canticle Choir, Larry Bach (Director), Bluegrass Ensemble
BEFORE YOU GO
“Go, Tell it On the Mountain”
Go in peace. Christ is near. Thanks be to God!
“Ding Dong! Merrily on High“ (arr. Rend Collective)
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Larry Bach (Canticle Choir Director)
- Hannah Fleming (Starlight Singers Director)
- Canticle Choir
- Starlight Singers
- Bluegrass Ensemble
- Elliana Meier, Kate Neiss, Rachel Calvert, Mike Hedding, Corwin Holk, Matt McIntyre, Kevin Mills
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Brian Shimley and family on the death of his brother, Bernie
- Julie Bane and family on the death of her brother, Mike
- Daniel Aas and family on the death of wife/mother Terry
- Tammy Morton and family on death of son/brother Matthew Staples
- Kathy Brenner and family on the death of her sister, Barbara
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Karle Erickson
- Prayers for Brian Abramson’s mother Helen
- Marcy Wiesner
- Barb Peterson and Larry Mueller’s friend Bill
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28