“God So Loved”
“I Will Follow”
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
We gather in the name of a God who creates and sustains us. Amen.
Let us confess our sin in the presence of God and of one another.
we long for a life worth living, but we confess that we have not lived your creativity to its fullest. We have not listened for your voice in our daily lives; we have not seen you all around us. By things we have done and by things we have forgotten to do, we have hurt or ignored a world in need. Speak clearly to us, so that we might create lives that are worthy of the goodness that you desire this world to be.
Even when we forget to listen or lose sight of what is important, we are reminded that we are created in the image of God. In the name of Jesus Christ + we are forgiven and freed from all that stands between us and the life that God intends for us. Be here now. God is with you. Amen.
SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION
WORDS OF INSTITUTION
THE LORD’S PRAYER
SONG DURING COMMUNION
“Build My Life”
DISMISSAL OF SUNDAY SCHOOL KIDS
As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea—for they were fishermen. And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.” Immediately they left their nets and followed him. As he went from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John, in the boat with their father Zebedee, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him.
“The Next Right Thing”
INSTALLATION OF CALEB WRAGGE
OFFERING INVITATION/BEFORE YOU GO
“Send Us Out as Salt and Light“
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Rachel Calvert
- Matt McIntyre
- Elliana Meier
- Kevin Mills
- Rebecca Hammond
- Corwin Holk
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Sue Byron and family on the death of her mother, Alice Hanson
- Rod, Linda and family on the passing of Rod’s Mother, Betty Wilson
- The family of Lorna Budke
- Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of Deb’s mother, Dolores
- Steve Young and family on the death of his Aunt Lenore
- Bonnie Lewis and family in the death of Bonnie’s husband, Dan
- Friends, family, and the Loring Park neighborhood following the death of Robert Skafte
- Lori Hertzog on the death of her mother, Lucille
- Brian Shimley and family on the death of his brother, Bernie
- Julie Bane and family on the death of her brother, Mike
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Gabrielle Sybilrud and family as her mother Mary Kahman enters hospice
- Delia Tufte
- Lorna Budke
- John Rostad’s father, Mike
- Stephanie Berg’s my son-in-law, Zach
- Gib Bendell’s mother Carol
- Gib Bendell’s father-in-law Dayton
- Paula Crouse
- Karle Erickson
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28