“King of Glory”
“Build My Life”
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
We gather in the name of a God who creates and sustains us. Amen.
Let us confess our sin in the presence of God and of one another.
we long for a life worth living, but we confess that we have not lived your creativity to its fullest. We have not listened for your voice in our daily lives; we have not seen you all around us. By things we have done and by things we have forgotten to do, we have hurt or ignored a world in need. Speak clearly to us, so that we might create lives that are worthy of the goodness that you desire this world to be.
Even when we forget to listen or lose sight of what is important, we are reminded that we are created in the image of God. In the name of Jesus Christ + we are forgiven and freed from all that stands between us and the life that God intends for us. Be here now. God is with you. Amen.
WORDS OF INSTITUTION
THE LORD’S PRAYER
“Nothing is Wasted”
DISMISSAL OF SUNDAY SCHOOL KIDS
Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Friend, who set me to be a judge or arbitrator over you?” And he said to them, “Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.” Then he told them a parable: “The land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?’ Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, ‘Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.”
“The Things That Get You Out of Bed”
OFFERING INVITATION/BEFORE YOU GO
“Send Us Out as Salt and Light”
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Megan Hildebrandt
- Corwin Holk
- Kevin Mills
- Kyle Kimbllin
- Jeff Perry
- Kendra Schneider
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Jeanne Aamot and family on the death of her mother, Nancy
- Caleb Wragge, Kathy, Kari, Gary Blackford and family on the death of Marilyn Kramme
- Gabrielle Sybilrud and family on the death of Gabrielle’s mother, Mary Kahman
- Gwen Chapman and family on the death of her stepfather, Len Prahl
- Prayers for Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of their nephew, Brian Sommers
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Ron Bergom
- Gabe Perez
- Delia Tufte
- John Rostad’s father, Mike
- Stephanie Berg’s son-in-law, Zach
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28