“He Leadeth Me” (arr. Charles Callahan)
Barb Carroll, Tim Graf
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
We gather in the name of a God who creates and sustains us. Amen.
Let us confess our sin in the presence of God and of one another.
we long for a life worth living, but we confess that we have not lived your creativity to its fullest. We have not listened for your voice in our daily lives; we have not seen you all around us. By things we have done and by things we have forgotten to do, we have hurt or ignored a world in need. Speak clearly to us, so that we might create lives that are worthy of the goodness that you desire this world to be.
Even when we forget to listen or lose sight of what is important, we are reminded that we are created in the image of God. In the name of Jesus Christ + we are forgiven and freed from all that stands between us and the life that God intends for us. Be here now. God is with you. Amen.
“O Day of Rest and Gladness” (St. 1-2, 4) ELW # 521
PRAYER OF THE DAY
You have called your servants to ventures of which we cannot see the ending, by paths as yet untrodden, through perils unknown. Give us faith to go out with good courage, not knowing where we go, but only that your hand is leading us and your love supporting us, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
“Lead With Love“ (Melanie DeMore)
Chamber Choir, Rebecca Hammond (Soloist), Larry Bach (Director)
One sabbath he was going through the grainfields; and as they made their way his disciples began to pluck heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the sabbath?” And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need of food? He entered the house of God, when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and he gave some to his companions.” Then he said to them, “The sabbath was made for humankind, and not humankind for the sabbath; so the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath.”
The Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.
“A New Work Week”
OFFERING OF MUSIC
“Prelude on Thaxted”
Bells of Joy, Tim Graf (Director)
Blessed are you, O God, maker of all things. Through your goodness you have blessed us with these gifts: our selves, our time, and our possessions. Use us, and what we have gathered, in feeding the world with your love, through the one who gave himself for us, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen.
PRAYERS OF GOD’S PEOPLE
THE LORD’S PRAYER
BEFORE YOU GO
“Precious Lord, Take My Hand” (St. 1- Solo, St. 2- ALL) ELW # 773
“Precious Lord, Take My Hand” (St. 3- ALL)
Go in peace. Get some rest. Thanks be to God!
“In Christ There is No East or West“ (arr. Stephen Gabrielsen) Barb Carroll
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Larry Bach (Chamber Choir Director)
- Barb Carroll (Organist)
- Elliana Meier
- Rebecca Hammond
- Chamber Choir
- Bells of Joy
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Meggy Wagner and family on the death of her father, Reinhold
- Prayers for Debbie Gelle and family on the death of her father Don Denike
- Jeanne Aamot and family on the death of her mother, Nancy
- Caleb Wragge, Kathy, Kari, Gary Blackford and family on the death of Marilyn Kramme
- Gabrielle Sybilrud and family on the death of Gabrielle’s mother, Mary Kahman
- Gwen Chapman and family on the death of her stepfather, Len Prahl
- Prayers for Deb and Roger Supalla and family on the death of their nephew, Brian Sommers
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Darlene our wonderful cook at Spirit in the pines who has surgery coming up
- Andrew Pick
- Delores Cornelius
- Ron Bergom
- Gabe Perez
- Delia Tufte
- John Rostad’s father, Mike
- Stephanie Berg’s son-in-law, Zach
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28