“Joy to the World (Unspeakable Joy)“
“God With Us”
CONFESSION AND FORGIVENESS
Jesus is here! Why wait?! We gather this morning to acknowledge the fear that divides, the sin that isolates, and the brokenness that years to be healed.
(Silence for confession)
God of all creation, We get stalled in grief, stagnant in apathy watching the world unwind before us. Come now, Lord Jesus.
We lament loss and injustice while longing to be comforted in times of isolation and division. Come now, Lord Jesus.
Peace in this moment and peace in our time seem like untenable realities as we cry out to you to change our lot. Come now, Lord Jesus.
There is no need to wait on God’s forgiveness. God is here, right now, full of mercy and abounding in steadfast love. Breathe deep and trust the word that Jesus forgives our every sin here and now. Amen.
DISMISSAL OF SUNDAY SCHOOL KIDS
O that you would tear open the heavens and come down, so that the mountains would quake at your presence— as when fire kindles brushwood and the fire causes water to boil— to make your name known to your adversaries, so that the nations might tremble at your presence! When you did awesome deeds that we did not expect, you came down, the mountains quaked at your presence. From ages past no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who works for those who wait for him. You meet those who gladly do right, those who remember you in your ways. But you were angry, and we sinned; because you hid yourself we transgressed. We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy cloth. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. There is no one who calls on your name, or attempts to take hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us, and have delivered us into the hand of our iniquity. Yet, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. Do not be exceedingly angry, O Lord, and do not remember iniquity forever. Now consider, we are all your people.
MUSIC INTO PRAYER TIME
“Tear Open the Heavens”
OFFERING INVITATION/BEFORE YOU GO
“Glory (Let There Be Peace)”
The Musicians for Today’s Worship
- Tim Graf (Director of Worship & Music)
- Larry Bach (Choir Director)
- Alex Graves
- Gary Denbow
- Rebecca Hammond
- Corwin Holk
- Kevin Mills
- Chamber Choir
As a community of faith we are connected through joy, sorrow, worship, and prayer. Please pray for the people listed below.
Your prayers are greatly appreciated!
We ask for God’s loving embrace to hold all those who mourn, especially:
- Lori Hertzog on the death of her mother, Lucille
- Brian Shimley and family on the death of his brother, Bernie
- Julie Bane and family on the death of her brother, Mike
- Daniel Aas and family on the death of wife/mother Terry
- Tammy Morton and family on death of son/brother Matthew Staples
- Kathy Brenner and family on the death of her sister, Barbara
Prayers of Mourning:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130:1–2
For I am convinced that neither death nor life… nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38–39
Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die’. John 11:25–26
As we are praying for all members of the St. Andrew community, this week we pray especially for God’s comfort, healing, protection, and strength to be present with:
- Gib Bendell’s mother Carol
- Gib Bendell’s father-in-law Dayton
- Paula Crouse
- Karle Erickson
- Brian Abramson’s mother Helen
- Marcy Wiesner
- Barb Peterson and Larry Mueller’s friend Bill
Long Term Prayers:
- Gordon Gilbert
- Kathy Hoagland
- Dave & Sherri Anderson’s daughter, Sarah Anderson-Jacobson
- Ron Wolfbauer
- Dick Smith
- Tammi Ziesemann as she continues her cancer treatment
- For the people of Haiti enduring ongoing political upheaval, severe economic challenges, and gang-related violence.
- For the people of the Middle East and Ukraine – non-violence and peace.
- All those in the military serving our country
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28