St. Andrew Vacation Bible School: Splash in God’s Word
June 14-17, 9:00-11:30AM or 1:00-3:30PM
Description: Water is a source of life. It is fun. It is part of our faith. Think Noah, Jonah, and Jesus walking it. Join us for Splash in God’s Word Vacation Bible School (VBS) as we have fun and play games, hear great Bible stories, explore science experiments with water, do art, singing and dance, and learn how much God loves us. Welcome to VBS 2021 at St. Andrew Lutheran Church!
Though reduced in scale and following pandemic protocols, VBS this summer provides a traditional and fun learning and fellowship experience for kids on campus at St. Andrew with caring Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer teachers.
If you can not join us in person, join us virtually. We will offer a live streaming of opening worship to registered families. We will then introduce you to the activities of the day. You can do them sprinkled throughout the day (or all at the same time). You create the schedule. Invite your friends and you can have your own neighborhood VBS. We are excited to provide you with the opportunity to customize this year’s VBS to meet your family’s needs.
Ages: Upcoming kindergarten students through completion of second grade. There is no Mystery Bus this year
Dates: June 14-17, 2021
- $45 per child in-person (discount available for multi-children households; scholarships available).
- $10/household for virtual registrations for members or non-members. Register by May 31st to receive a craft and activities kit available for pickup at St. Andrew prior to VBS (supplies limited).
- AM Section: 9:00-11:30AM (40 children total)
- PM Section: 1:00-3:30PM (40 children total)
- Virtual VBS (unlimited registration for members and non-members)
In-Person Registration Details: St. Andrew members will be invited to register for in-person VBS beginning Monday, April 12th, at 9AM. Non-members can register beginning Monday, April 19th, at 9AM. Due to Covid, we are not taking friend requests but will keep age groups together as best we can. Registration deadline is June 1st
Covid 19 protocols for VBS:
- All covid protocols and schedules are subject to change based on Minnesota Department of Health guidelines
- Protocols will mirror experienced St. Andrew Early Learning program
- Daily requirements for parents to verify the health of students and family members.
- Maximum of 40 children in each section for 80 total students (Note: virtual VBS is unlimited)
- Masks are worn at all times over mouth and nose. They will also wear masks outside for activities.
- Classes up to 10 students in size only (with 3 teachers)
- Specialty teachers will rotate into podded classrooms teaching arts/crafts, games, science, and story time
- Outside activities are encouraged, weather permitting
- No nursery is provided
- No treats are provided
- Parental drop off at designated entrance of St. Andrew
Opening Worship: Opening worship each day is a highlight of VBS. We will begin each session in the sanctuary for opening worship. The 9AM session will be livestreamed and posted for virtual participants each day.
Thursday Celebration (June 17): As permitted by covid protocols, parents are invited to pick up their child early and enjoy a brief program, music, simple food, and fellowship at 11AM (AM Section) and 3PM (PM Section). Virtual VBS participants and parents can attend the Thursday Celebration through registration only (space is limited).
Volunteers: 3 volunteers per classroom (2 adults and 1 youth 15+ years old). Sign-up available on April 12th.