Gifts for Seniors with Greeting Card
Project Partner: Gifts for Seniors
Cost: $30+ per gift
Description: The isolation of the pandemic has been hard on everyone. It is a particularly difficult time for our community’s older population. With a history of over 20 years, Gifts for Seniors is a 7-county metro program that carefully identifies recipients as someone who would not have friends or family with them over the holidays. A gift helps brighten their day with practical, new items to enjoy. Consider shopping for items on the Top 10 Most Requested Items list below. You are encouraged to provide a simple greeting card for the recipient, too. Please affix it to the packaging as best as you can.
Most Requested Items:
- Heated electric blankets, throws, heating pads, & massaging gifts for comfort
- Winter coats, boots, hats, scarves, & gloves for warmth – all sizes needed
- Hard soled, non-slip house slippers – all sizes – for a new spring in their step!
- New bathrobes, sleepwear, & loungewear – all sizes, especially in plus+
- Fresh linens – bed sheet sets, blankets and pillows; bathroom & kitchen towel sets
- Entertainment – tablets, e-readers, music players, movie players, robotic companion pets, games, adult activity puzzles & hobbies to keep folks engaged
Every gift has the potential to change a life!
Project Dates to Know: Unwrapped gifts and greeting cards must be delivered to St. Andrew by Sunday, December 5th and labelled “Gifts for Seniors”.
Contact: Jennifer Casad